1. Free all those persons who have been imprisoned since the 1989 Tiananmen Square demonstrations and all prisoners of conscience.
2. Put an end to the control of news and information, including on the Internet.
3. Suspend executions throughout China with a view to abolishing capital punishment.
4. Abolish non-judicial detention.
5. End the use of torture.
6. Allow the formation of free and independent trade unions.
7. Repeal article 306 of the criminal code, which allows repressive measures to be taken against lawyers.
8. End the forcible evictions of citizens from their homes or lands.